Quality sleep is an important factor for the overall well-being of a person. If a good slumber is evading you, the culprit may be your mattress. Whether you have an outdated innerspring mattress or the latest set-up, quality sleep is sure to evade if it does not offer the needed support. A great mattress makes a world of difference in getting restful sleep. If you are someone who is in the market looking for a mattress that gives your hugging support and feels like nirvana, you should try the memory foam mattress. It is a foam mattress that helps you sleep soundly and makes you feel refreshed. Memory form is not just a choice of some but extremely popular worldwide. Read below to find out why it is popular and how to choose the best memory foam mattress for yourself.
Why Memory Foam is the Most Comfortable Mattresses?
The memory foam journey began in the 1980s, NASA introduced a safety material for its astronauts. They later released it to the public, but most mattress companies did not choose to use it as it was a complex material to work with at that time. But in the year 1991, Tempur-Pedic, a Swedish mattress foam brand, started using this material, and from then on, many other companies used it. Slowly, they adopted newer technologies and worked on its weakness. Today it has become one of the most popular mattresses, with even the king size memory foam mattress selling like hotcakes. Here are some of the benefits that make it the most comfortable surface to sleep on.
Memory foam is a highly temperature-sensitive material and reacts to the heat and pressure of the body. As you lie on the surface, the viscoelastic properties of the material mold to the body’s curves. This body-contouring feature makes this the best material and the ideal choice for a mattress.
Suits all types of Sleepers
There are different types of sleepers and sleeping positions; back, stomach, side, and combination. It is found that some mattresses are suitable only for certain sleeping positions. But memory foam accommodates all sleeping positions as the material contours to the body shape and distributes the body weight evenly on the surface without causing any pressure points. Stomach sleepers who often end up with back issues on other types of mattresses should choose this mattress as it helps to keep the spine perfectly aligned and maintain correct posture.
A memory foam mattress is best suited for those who have back-related issues. The mattress does not create pressure points on the hips, shoulders, neck, and back. That means you wake up without any aches as there is no strain on the joints. Also, the spine remains neutrally aligned and prevents postural problems. A step up from the memory foam mattress is the orthopedic memory foam mattress which is ideal for people who have orthopedic issues like arthritis.
No Transfer of Movement
A memory foam bed provides motion isolation. That means when you are sharing a bed, even if one sleeper tosses and turns it does or gets out of the bed, the other does not get disturbed. The mattress completely absorbs the motion instead of spreading it across the surface and thus is the best surface for couples.
These mattresses prevent the accumulation of allergens, and that makes the space hygienic for sleep. It is ideal for people with allergies and for others as the respiratory system and the skin gets benefitted from not inhaling microbes.
How to Choose a Memory Foam Mattress?
- Choose the memory foam type: There are many types of memory foam, with each having different benefits. It can be made from traditional memory foam, which supports the body. Gel memory foam has better air circulation and is more temperature neutral. It can also be made from latex foam, a mix of latex and foam.
- Foam density: Choose between high, medium, or low-density memory foam mattresses. High density is durable, low density offers good motion isolation, and low density helps break in quickly.
- Foam thickness: It can range from 6 inches to 14 inches, and the thicker ones are softer. However, choosing a thin one does not mean it is less comfortable. Check if the base foam offers good support as each additional level adds extra softness.
- Size: These mattresses come in many standard sizes, and depending on the bed frame, you should pair it with your current bed frame. If you are buying both a mattress and bed frame, then depending on the available space, room, and your requirement, pick the size.
- Easy to clean: Purchasing a mattress is a large investment, and the foam bed price is comparatively costlier than others, so it is important to keep it in good shape for as long as possible. While researching the best brand, look for a product that is easy to clean and maintain.
The mattress should be perfect for your needs, and a memory foam mattress checks all the boxes. Now that you know what to look for and the benefits it provides, you can also join the many people opting for a memory foam mattress. Happy snoozing!